Friday, July 07, 2006

Words of Whitney

Our Handi-Capable Chairman Doug Whitney Says.....

REMINDER TO ALL MEMBERS:

Make sure to post ALL scores (with adjustments).
Eight players at the River Ridge tournament DID NOT post!


Most improved for the month:

Dennis Galloway, 9.1 to 7.6

Al Perez, 7.4 to 6.2 -
Note: (not really improved, just had opportunities for skins on the last three holes, so decided to make the 4 footers.)

Rocky Manzano, 11.8 to 10.0


Club Index: 18.4


Members having their handicap reduced by SCGA for exceptional tournament scores:

Tony Brown, 25.1 to 24.1

Dave Buffington, 10.3 to 7.3

2 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was one of the eight who didnt post....If I posted a 95 then I would get accused of being a sand bagger...If I dont post then I am accused of having a glorified ego handicap....I am so confused....I think I will drink a beer and ponder what is becoming of this world

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger MVMGC said...

To ALL -

Posting ALL acceptable scores is a requirement to be a member of the SCGA and/or USGA. The Handicap Chairman certification program that I go thorugh (8 hours and a 100 question quiz), gives me the training and tools to make the appropriate handicap adjustments when necessary to those showing signs of "sandbagging" or having a "ego" handicap.
When members don't post, I have to spend much more time reviewing what effect the unposted score would have had (whether positive or negative). This makes my "volunteer" job as handicap chairman much more difficult.
Please POST your scores, with the required "adjustments".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home