Monday, July 10, 2006

Bags of Sand Used to Block Ego Handicap

To: ALL MVMGC Members
From: Doug Whitney...Your Friendly Neighborhood Handicap Chairman

Posting ALL acceptable scores is a requirement to be a member of the SCGA and/or USGA.

The Handicap Chairman certification program that I attend (8 hours and a 100 question quiz), gives me the training and tools to make the appropriate handicap adjustments when necessary, to those showing signs of "sandbagging" or having a "ego" handicap.

When members don't post, I have to spend much more time reviewing what effect the unposted score would have had (whether positive or negative). This makes my "volunteer" job as handicap chairman much more difficult. Please POST your scores, with the required "adjustments".

5 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somebody buy this guy a drink already!

 
At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea! Wish I would of thought of that. This is exactly the kind of input we need at our monthly Mens Club meeting.

OK, New Rule:
The PENALTY for NOT posting your score is - Buy the Handicap Chairman a drink.

 
At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright thats it...im going to make everyone have to register to use the website if we are all oging to post anonymously

 
At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I'm all for the Drinking but just show a little effort and post already.

 
At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Douglas --

Please clarify for me the "adjusted" feature of posting a score for a completed round 'o golf.

I currently post my total strokes to get 'round the links.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home