Monday, September 11, 2006

How to Cut Down on the Complaining

We need to understand that Mountain View IS NOT a Country Club. You get what you pay for. Many of us appreciate and enjoy the course for what it is: Reasonable green fees, excellent greens, improving course conditions, a great staff, a preferred Sunday tee time and an enjoyable Men's Club (which is much more enjoyable when there isn't so much bitching going on). Based on the above, you're getting more than your money's worth.

The owner of the course IS NOT going to invest in more staff, equipment or fertilizer to improve the course conditions. I've seen the "condition of the course" improve dramatically over the last few years, due to mainly one person's efforts. (Thanks Mr. Corona) Even with all of his hard work, there seems to be an over abundance of complaining about the course lately.

If you want the COUNTRY CLUB experience: Concrete cart paths, defined fairways, perfect sand in bunkers, a course maintenance staff of 25+ and some LARGE $$$ Green Fees/Membership Fees, then GO PAY FOR IT; otherwise appreciate Mountain View for what it is and the continuing efforts to improve it.

7 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just curious as to who wrote this?

 
At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did.

I don't know who wrote the previous post, but maybe there's a new course consulting/management company in Santa Paula looking for work.

Did you give the password to others?

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Peter Henne would be my guess as to who posted the previous since I am now guessing that you did not

 
At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I didnt post it either ...i know defied fairways are way more work

 
At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sherriff Doug...I noticed that I was made fun of at the meeting for having expensive clubs...should I go play at an expensive course so I can play with my expensive clubs or is it okay for me to play Mountain View, Saticoy, and Elkins as usual with an occasional round sprinkled in at Spanish.

 
At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I know is that with the lower green fees at Mountain View, you can afford to replace those damaged clubs a lot sooner. However, you may want to keep in contact with those doctors playing at Spanish Hills, just in case you suffer a wrist injury from playing the other pastures.

 
At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike, Doug --

Cutting only the faiways for a peroid of time = LESS mowing.

Peter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home